Stunning 7-bed house in Drumblair, North ScotlandAberdeenshire
Sitting in its' own eight acre gardens, Drumblair House provides a wonderful setting for a spectacular family holiday. Furnished to an extremely high standard, one that encompasses a fusion of classic design with modern convenience, this much loved family home dates back to the 1500’s, making it an unmissable experience.
The house accommodates 12 people and is both very comfortable and flexible as there are a number of adjoining rooms and bathrooms so that larger family parties can be fitted in as they wish. Upstairs offers 6 bedrooms, (4 doubles, 2 singles) and 3 bathrooms, with a flexible configuration. Downstairs offers a further twin bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. With a large kitchen and dining area, the property is ideal for enjoying informal evening meals in a setting that showcases both a welcoming atmosphere and echoes timeless quality. With a large drawing room that houses an open fire and with views that span out across the tranquil garden, relaxation truly is the cornerstone of the Drumblair experience.
4 oven Aga - oil included
4 plate hob and electric oven (in utility room)
DVD players, selection of books, games, music and films
Extra help and cooking by arrangement.
Linen and towels provided
Oil central heating - heating oil metered at 10 litres per day included
Open fire - wood included
Television and video
Indoor fireplace x 2 (ample wood provided)
Washing machine free
Central Heating and hot water
Essentials - towels, sheets, soap, loo paper, no shampoo
Laptop friendly - plenty of areas
Facilities - ample free parking on premises
Kitchen - Ample space for home cooking and dining. 2 dining tables
Large AGA range cooker, as well as secondary electric oven, hob, microwave
Guest Access - private entrance in private grounds
Bed and bath - hair dryer, soap, loo paper, ample hangers, no shampoo
Safety - fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector, smoke detector, first aid kit
Children - high chair available.
Both floors of this amazing house are at your disposal.
Travelling With Kids?
We are more than happy to welcome kids of all ages! You will also find children’s dinnerware and books, as well as a high chair.
Are Pets Allowed?
Our house is pet-friendly.
There is enough space to park 10 cars.
Cleaning, Washing, Drying and Extra Appliances:
The house is equipped with a washing machine and a tumble dryer.
Dating back to the 1580s and sitting in its' own eight acre gardens, this home is perfect for families looking to enjoy an authentic stay in the Scottish countryside. Drumblair House provides a wonderful setting for a spectacular family holiday.
The surrounding area offers a wide range of fun-filled activities to enjoy throughout your stay as listed below:
- Castle Trail: many castles including Fyvie Castle, Huntly Castle, Braemar Castle and approximately 15 more, all open to the public from April to October
- Royal Deeside within 1.5 hours via beautiful moorland drive
- Whisky Trail: many Scotch whisky distilleries nearby
- Salmon fishing rivers within reach, including Dee, Don, Devoran, Findhorn
- Trout fishing lakes within 3 miles
- Mackerel fishing/whale/dolphin watching available
- Beautiful traditional fishing villages and lovely coastline walks and beaches (approx 20 mins)
- Plenty of hills to walk in Cairngorms and closer: Bennachie, Tap O Noth, Huntly area walks or just stroll up the hill track behind the house
- Local shops in Huntly and Inverurie and deliveries from supermarkets.
- Owners are happy to give advice upon request.
Check-in: 15:00 - 22:00
Standard occupancy: 12
Max occupation: 12