The Rock House: Historic House in the Heart of the CityHouse - Edinburgh
Wireless internet connection
Coffee / Tea maker
One of Edinburgh's oldest and most prestigious homes - recommended as 'THE' place to stay in top travel magazines such as Conde Nast, Luxury Traveller & the Telegraph.
Built in 1756 for a Merchant, Rock House is a historic gem in the HEART of Edinburgh - also famous as the home of pioneer photographers, David Octavius Hill & Robert Adamson.
From its secluded position at the foot of infamous, Calton Hill, it has an elevated terrace with the most wonderful panoramic views over the City.
Spanning three floors, the historic Rock House exudes character and charm. A more inviting house in Edinburgh would be hard to find. Throughout are period details, open log fires and beautifully designed living areas, the result of which is a timeless elegance. A stay here is guaranteed to be as unforgettable as it is captivating.
This home is managed by ALTIDO Scotland. From affordable 1-bed flats to grand family homes, we are proud to offer our guests a wide selection of top-quality properties across Scotland, all underpinned with hotel-standard hospitality services.
ALTIDO Scotland is pleased to provide: Hotel-quality linen and towels. Bathroom essentials. Professional cleaning services.
You will have unrestricted access to the entire Rock House premises including all individual units and a private garden area.
Other things to note
We use a professional cleaning company and hotel-quality linen & towels will be supplied for your stay.
ALTIDO Scotland will be in touch to assist you with airport transfers and in-stay services, such as in-stay cleans, linen changes and childcare equipment.
If there is anything that has been missed out or if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch! All feedback is appreciated.
Pets are welcome but please disclose this in the initial inquiry stage and an additional £15 per night fee will be applied to your booking.
ALTIDO Scotland wants you to have a fantastic stay, so encourage you to see the space as a home away from home - treating it as though it is yours! There are, of course, a few things we politely ask guests to note before their arrival and throughout their stay:
- Strictly no smoking, no parties
- Dispose of rubbish appropriately
- Keep the property clean and tidy
- Whilst washing up and stripping the beds at check out would be appreciated, it is by no means expected
- Quiet hours are between 10:00 PM and 9:00 AM. Please keep the noise down and respect other neighbours in the building
- Please remember to close all windows and doors when leaving the space
- Careful attention to the keys is extremely important. Guests are responsible for any additional costs resulting from misplaced keys or locksmith call-outs.
- To ensure the safety of our current and future guests, we ask all guests to complete our online check-in form and to provide a valid form of identification.
Standard occupancy: 14
Max occupancy: 14